SEVASADAN ADHYAPIKA VIDYALAYA
Sevasadan institute was established in the year 1909 by Shrimati Ramabai Ranade and Gopalkrishna Devdhar. Today this historic institution has completed its 105 years. The institute has 14 different departments one of which is D.T.Ed. B.M.W. Sevasadan Adhyapika Vidyalay (D.T.Ed.College) was established in the year 1914 by Shrimati Ramabai Ranade.Today this college completes its 100th year.
OBJECTIVES OF SOCIETY
- To educate women by means of regular classes and institutions started to impart instruction of religious, literary, scientific, medical and industrial character, and to teach them the principles of First Aid, hygiene, sanitation and domestic economy.
- To widen range of women’s knowledge by means of starting liabraries, organising lectures, issuing publications, books, magazines etc. And by undertaking tours, excursions and other popular methods of education.
- To enable women to participate imtelligently in all domestic, social and national responsibilities and to inculcate in their minds principles of self-reliance and mutual helpfulness.
- To train women to render, in a patriotic spirit educational, medical and philanthropic service to the Motherland i.e. their borthers and sisters, specially in backward areas, and also especially occasion of wide-spread public calamities.
- To help in the promotion of national work, in all these and other similar ways for the social, material and educational uplift of Indian Women.
The time when a girl was denied the ‘Right to Education’, this college took the initiative and started fighting for the ‘Right to Education’ for girls. This college successfully fought against all odds and the society realised the importance of educating a girl child. This college right from its inception to the date has successfully fought the battle for ‘Liberalisation of Women’ and ‘Right to Education’ for women against the then society’s strong opposition to the welfare of women.
This college has been fighting for the ‘Right to Primary Education’ to a girl child, established a foundation for the distressed women, for widows, for women abandoned by their family, and women facing other problems, helping them in being independent thus giving them hope for a better and prosperous life.
Even after its 100 years, the main aim of this college remains the same ‘Betterment of Women’.
Today this college is one of the best and renowned colleges in the State of Maharashtra. It maintains a high teaching standard in Education, Sports and Craft. In an effort to maintain these high standards of Education, lot of activities are being conducted here.
The students are guided by our expert staff :
Dr.Mrs.Swati Gadgil M.A,–B.Ed, M.Ed.,M.Phil,Ph.D
She started working as Professor in Sevasadan College in 1981 and took over as Principal of Seavsadan College in 2008.
Her area of expertise include Geography, Physical Education, Action Research and Micro and Macro Teaching.
She has represented The Pune University . vice-captain of Kabbadi Team for Rana Pratap
She was appointed as the Krida Sachiv for the 2010-11 Intercollegiate Sports Event. She was appointed by the Maharashtra as Subject Expert for Physical Education during the major change in the syllabus.
She has 9 published textbooks under her wing and has been awarded by various Institutions.
- Best Sport Teacher award – 1995 by the sharirik shikshan shikshak sanghatana
- Best Teacher Award – 1997 by Sevasadan Society
- Tejasvini Award – 2010 Maytree Mahila Mancha
- Pune corporation’s Mayor Award for exceptional contribution to the field of Education – 2010
- Gunavanta Mahila Adhyapika – 2013 by Maharashtra State Teachers’ Association
She has also guided Balbharati in making of Teacher’s Handbook for Physical Education and Micro and Macro Teaching.
Teaching and Non Teaching Staff Total 15.
Principal Dr.Mrs.Swati Gadgil M.A,–B.Ed, M.Ed.,M.Phil,Ph.D
Staff Members Information